Thursday 6 February 2014

Endless Shanghai

It never ceases to amaze me just how big Shanghai is. The photo shows what is actually the tiniest most minute fraction of this city. They say that, in China, anything less than a million people is a "village"; Shanghai has over 20 million people in it.

Getting around is always a trial; most journeys take around 7 metro stops plus a transfer, or a cheap taxi ride with the risk of serious traffic delays. Walking never feels like an option; for public transport I usually opt for the metro and stay underground, so I never know how to get from A to B by foot even though I've been to A and B a hundred times. This being said, of the entire 6,340 square km this city takes up (yes, six thousand, it's not a type-o) you only tend to stick to your 4 or 5 square kilometres. Yes, I should walk places more, I'd probably get more photos.

And sorry for the kilometres, I've been away from Blighty far too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment