Friday 7 March 2014

Breakfast Dumplings

Small soup dumplings are one the best foods in Shanghai. They're like a little bread/pastry type ball with seasoned pork inside. The word "soup" isn't particularly apt; they have some watery stuff from the meat in there, which does taste good, but not exactly something you could sip from a spoon.

Mind you, there is enough in their to cause accident and injury; on one occasion I bit into them and this soup stuff, which was boiling had, I might add, spayed out onto my cheeks. I was in immense pain. On a different occasion the soup took a more upward trajectory and shot up my nose. Fortunately the temperature was a little less extreme and suffered nothing more than the smell of soup dumplings for the rest of the day.

The photo was taken on a weekend morning after a wander around Zhongshan Park. A wonder for me. A run for Laura. Right before this guy served these up he went out for a smoke then came in and spat on the floor of the kitchen. It wasn't enough to put us off our dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment